At the core of the HELO wristband is the Toshiba processor. To learn more about the partnership between Wor(l) and Toshiba and the technical specifications of the Toshiba processor, please review the information below. Key points and highlights are referenced with each item. Enjoy the reading material and feel free to post additional articles and information below.
TOSHIBA PRESS RELEASE: Toshiba Application Processor Drives Next-Generation Smart Wearable Device from World Media & Technology
- TZ1000 Application Processor Lite (ApP Lite™) series of processors are deployed in new HELO smart wristband.
- The processors integrates Bluetooth® low energy (LE) wireless communication, an ARM® Cortex®-M4F processor, and Flash memory in a single compact package.
- HELO smart wristband monitors and analyzes heart rate, blood pressure and respiration. Sends data wirelessly to a connected app on the wearer’s smartphone.
- The TZ1000 low-power design enables long battery runtime.
TOSHIBA WEBSITE: Application Processors for Wearable Devices: TZ1000
- Integrates a wireless communication function, a sensor, memory and a processor in one package
- Enables connection to external sensors
- Incorporates ARM®Cortex®-M4F processor
- Integrates Bluetooth®wireless communication function
- Important functions for wearable devices are integrated into a single, compact package, contributing to small system designs.
- The products integrate high-resolution ADC (analog / digital convertor) that can convert analog signals from external sensors, such as pulse wave and electrocardiogram, into digital data and deliver it to the internal processor.
- High-performance ARM®Cortex®-M4F with DSP and floating point processing unit enable a combination of data from multiple-sensors, both internal and external, to improve accuracy.
- Integration of a Bluetooth®LE controller and an RF circuit permits transfers of raw and processed data to external equipment, such as smart-phones and tablets.
Key Specifications of the Processor's Hardware
CPU: ARM® Cortex®-M4F
Maximum Frequency: 48MHz
Storage: embedded NOR flash memory 8Mbit
A Block Diagram of the Processor
Per the diagram below, notice in the orange rectangle that the processor can contain an accelerometer, magnetometer, and gyroscope. A GPS module and NFC (green rectangles) can be integrated along with a pressure sensor, thermal sensor and other sensors (blue rectangles).
The processor's circuit board contains a 1) Main Board and a 2) Healthcare Sub Board. This sub board has the following common functions:
• 4MB SPI Flash
• Charger IC
• Power Switch
• Voltage & Current Measurement Circuit
• On Board Li-ion Battery
• PPG LED Driver w/ PWM control
• ECG (Electrocardiography)
• Double-Sided & Large Electrodes
w/ BPF Circuits
• PPG/SpO2 Sensor
Software Development Kits (SDKs)
A software development kit (SDK) is the software to rapidly develop various application products. The HcSDP SDK is a package to help facilitate the rapid development of healthcare applications and provides libraries to measure activity and pulse wave: